Significant relevant features of ecodb:
- Provides a low cost and secure data repository for diverse data sets of an environmental and time series nature.
- Supports unlimited team based environmental projects, as well as collaborative projects with other stakeholders.
- Enables a holistic view and integration of data sets from various sources, and supports integrated natural resources environmental data time series monitoring.
- Adheres to industry standard parameters to monitor.
- All units of measurement supported, as well as calibration relationships to convert data sets into alternate parameters and units of measurement.
- Diverse data reporting, data import and export facilities.
- Graphical display of data sets over time, as well as graphical comparison between multiple data sets even with different parameters being monitored.
- Functions to rate the quality of the data sets, as well as quality certification.
- Ability to selectively publish data sets to the Public Domain.
- Identification and acknowledgment of original author of data sets are retained and embedded within the data set even after publication into the ecodb Public domain.
Major benefits of ecodb features:
- Provides a low cost and standards based mechanism to enable contractors to provide their data sets to the Agency, and for other Agencies to exchange environmental data collection as part of public projects.
- Provides a rapid mechanism for providing copies of requested government data sets to the community and facilitates outreach and transparency;
- Leverages volunteer citizen scientists through potential sponsorship of free or discounted ecodb licenses in support of environmental projects that can contribute their data collection activities to the public good.
- Engages the community and stakeholders through selective release of data sets to the public domain (hosted by ecodb), and which can be freely downloaded by the public and stakeholders in a variety of formats.
- Provides transparency to the community, and enables public search on data sets that have been released into the ecodb supported public domain.
- Enables the identification and location of environmental data collection sources both empirically and graphically (using Google Earth), with various filtering available on the selection of data sets.
- Potential rapid deployment of ecodb facility with enrolment of authorized users as sub-accounts, with a designated Agency Administrator.
- Complimentary assistance by ecodb staff in undertaking feasibility study and site assessment for your organization; prioritizing and planning the subsequent data take-up and alignment with industry standards.
- Ongoing complimentary help desk.
- Rapidly leverage your network of citizen scientists and Agencies to share data sets in your Agency’s area of responsibility.
- Through the judicious sponsorship of ecodb licenses, steer data collection activities.
- Provide leadership in open government through selectively publishing data sets, that have been internally reviewed and assigned a quality certification, to the ‘Public Domain’.